Broken nails are one of the most common nail problems and it is not always easy to know what to do in order to fix them. There is a huge range of treatments available – from using artificial nails, over gel polish or acrylics on your natural nail, but they all depend on how severe your situation is.
In this article we will focus on the question, Can I Get Acrylic Nails On A Broken Nail? As we discuss it’s pros and cons as well.
What is acrylic nail polish and how does it work?
Acrylic nails are a type of artificial nail that is made up of two parts: the acrylic powder and the monomer liquid. When these two components are mixed together, they form a hard and durable plastic that can be applied to your nails in many different ways. The most common way to apply acrylic nails is by using an adhesive called “acrylic nail glue” – which will be the focus of this article.
Can I Get Acrylic Nails On A Broken Nail?
The process of fixing a broken nail with acrylics is actually quite simple and only requires three steps:
- filing your nails into their desired shape
- applying the acrylic powder and monomer liquid to your nails using an adhesive
- sealing your nails with a top coat
However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you start.
First of all, make sure that your nails are clean and free of any oils or lotions. This will help the acrylics adhere better to your nails.
Secondly, it is important to get the right proportions of acrylic powder and monomer liquid when you mix them together. If the mixture is too thick, it will not adhere to your nails and will be difficult to work with. If the mixture is too thin, it will not be strong enough to hold your nails together.
Thirdly, always use an adhesive such as acrylic nail glue to apply the acrylics – do not try to apply them directly to your nails. Not only will this be difficult and time consuming, it is also more likely to cause air bubbles in your acrylics.
Finally, make sure to seal your nails with a top coat once you have finished applying the acrylics. This will help protect them from chipping and keep them looking glossy and beautiful.
Pros and Cons of using acrylic nails
Now that you know how to apply acrylic nails, let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons.
- They are very strong and will not chip or break easily
- You can have them done professionally so you don’t have to do it yourself at home
- Acrylic nail glue is easy to use – you only need a few minutes of time Cons of using acrylic nails
- If done right, they can be very strong
- They are perfect for strengthening weak or damaged nails
- They can be applied in many different ways to achieve different looks
- They are relatively cheap and easy to find
- They can last for up to two weeks if they are well taken care of
- If not done correctly, they can look artificial or ‘fake’
- Acrylic nails require regular maintenance – you will need to get them re-done every two to four weeks
- Applying them can be time consuming
- They are not very flexible which makes it easy to break or damage your nails when you bump into something or apply too much pressure.
- Can damage your natural nail if worn too often or not taken off correctly
- They are toxic which makes them bad for your health
- If you suffer from an allergy, there is a chance that it may cause skin irritation.
Due to all these factors, acrylic nails should only be worn when necessary and removed as soon as possible. However they can also be fun if used in moderation – just remember not to overdo it!
Tips for keeping your artificial nails looking their best with a top coat of regular nail polish
Here are tips to help keep your artificial nails looking their best:
- Make sure to remove any old nail polish before applying the acrylics
- Use a good quality top coat such as Seche Vite to seal in your acrylic nails and protect them from chipping
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents when taking off your acrylic nails – instead use a gentle acetone-free nail polish remover
- Hydrate your nails and cuticles with a good quality moisturizer on a regular basis
- File your nails into the desired shape regularly – do not use excessive force when filing or you may damage your natural nails.
- Make sure to apply a thin coat of regular nail polish and wait for it to dry completely before applying another one. If you apply too much pressure or try to do it too quickly, the polish may smudge or streak.
- Avoid using acetone-based nail polishes as these can cause the acrylic nails to peel and flake.
- The best way to remove regular nail polish from your acrylic nails is by using a cotton ball soaked in acetone-based remover. Make sure that you apply this on top of a lint free pad to avoid any damage to your nails. Gently massage the remover into the nail for a few minutes, and then use a cuticle pusher or orange stick to remove any leftover polish. Finish off by washing your hands with soap and water.
By following these helpful tips, you will be able to keep your artificial nails looking beautiful for longer.
So, should you get acrylic nails on a broken nail?
The answer to this question really depends on the severity of your broken nail and how comfortable you feel with using acrylic nails.
If your broken nail is only a small crack in the corner and does not hurt when you touch it, then there is no need to worry about it at all – just keep an eye on it for any changes over time.
However, if your broken nail has already started growing outwards or looks crooked, then it is best to fix it as soon as possible. Applying acrylic nails will help to strengthen your nail and prevent it from breaking any further.
Just make sure that you take the time to do your research, get a professional to do it for you if needed, and use an adhesive such as acrylic nail glue to apply the acrylics. This will help to ensure that your nails look beautiful and are protected from further damage.
Why should you use regular nail polish on acrylic nails?
Regular nail polish is used to seal the acrylic nails and protect them from chipping. It also makes them look glossy and beautiful. If you do not use a top coat, your nails may start to chip and look dull after a few days.
How to get the best results when using regular nail polish on your acrylic nails?
To get the best results when using regular nail polish on your acrylic nails, make sure to apply a thin coat and wait for it to dry completely before applying another one. If you apply too much pressure or try to do it too quickly, the polish may smudge or streak. Also, avoid using acetone-based nail polishes as these can cause the acrylic nails to peel and flake.
What is the best way to remove regular nail polish from my acrylics?
The best way to remove regular nail polish from your acrylic nails is by using a cotton ball soaked in acetone-based remover. Make sure that you apply this on top of a lint free pad to avoid any damage to your nails. Gently massage the remover into the nail for a few minutes, and then use a cuticle pusher or orange stick to remove any leftover polish. Finish off by washing your hands with soap and water.