Acrylic nails are a popular choice for nail art, but they also come with some risks. If you’re looking for an alternative to fake nails that is safer and better, then this blog post is perfect for you!
We have compiled a list of the best alternatives to acrylic nails that are safer & better that will help you get beautiful manicures without the risk!
What Are Better Alternatives to Acrylic Nails (Best Alternatives to Acrylic Nails)
Acrylic nails are a type of artificial nails that people wear often for special occasions, such as weddings and graduations. They can be made with different materials, but most commonly acrylic powder is mixed with liquid monomer to produce this product. The mixture then hardens when it’s exposed to UV light or air, creating long-lasting fake nails.
This means that you might want to look into some alternatives such as:
- Nail Stickers
- Gel Nail Polish
- Press on Nails
- Dip Powder
- Gel Nail Extensions
If you’re looking for an alternative to acrylic fake nails that is safer and better, then nail stickers are a great option! Nail stickers can be found at most drugstores or beauty supply stores, and they come in a variety of designs and colors.
To apply nail stickers, all you have to do is peel them off the sheet and stick them to your nails. They can be removed by peeling them off or using nail polish remover.
One downside of nail stickers is that they may not last as long as other alternatives, but they are a great option for people who want a subtle look.
Gel Nail Polish
If you’re looking for an alternative to acrylic fake nails that is safer and better, then gel nail polish is a great option! Gel nail polish can be found at most drugstores or beauty supply stores, and it comes in a variety of colors.
To apply gel nail polish, all you have to do is peel off the backing from the adhesive strip and attach it to your nails. Then, use a UV light to cure the polish for about two minutes.
One downside of gel nail polish is that it can be difficult to remove, but it lasts much longer than other types of nail polish.
Press on Nails
If you’re looking for an alternative to acrylic fake nails that is safer and better, then press on nails are a great option! Press on nails can be found at most drugstores or beauty supply stores, and they come in a variety of designs and colors.
To apply press-on nails, all you have to do is peel off the adhesive strip and attach them to your nails. They can be removed by peeling them off or using nail polish remover.
One downside of press-on nails is that they may not last as long as other alternatives, but they are a great option for people who want a temporary look.
If you’re looking for an alternative to acrylic fake nails that is safer and better, then dip powder is a great option! Dip powder can be found at most beauty supply stores, and it can come in a variety of colors.
To apply dip powder, first you have to mix the two parts together before applying them to your nails. Then, use an LED light or UV lamp to cure it for about three minutes.
One downside of dip powder is that you need someone else to help you apply this product correctly, but it lasts much longer than other alternatives.
Gel Nail Extensions
If you’re looking for an alternative to acrylic fake nails that is safer and better, then gel nail extensions are a great option! Gel nail extensions can be found at most beauty supply stores, and they come in a variety of colors.
To apply gel nail extensions, you first have to file and shape your nails. Then, you apply a thin layer of gel primer to your nails and cure it with an LED light or UV lamp for about 30 seconds.
Next, you attach the extensions to your nails using a special adhesive and cure them for about two minutes. One downside of gel nail extensions is that they can be difficult to remove, but they last much longer than other types of extensions.
Whichever alternative you choose, just make sure that you take care of your nails properly so that they will stay healthy and looking their best!
Acrylic Nails Versus Nail Stickers
There are a lot of people who wear fake nails these days. To keep the false nail looking new and fresh-looking, you can treat it as a sticker and just replace it with a new one when you feel that it has started to look old.
This is exactly what nail stickers are meant for. They give the same effect of false nails, only without the inconvenience of having them glued on or screwed in your real fingernails.
There are two methods that you can use to wear nail stickers. You can either stick them on top of your natural nails or apply the fake nails first and then cover it with a sticker, making it look like you have acrylic nails.
So how do you tell if somebody has real acrylic nails or just nail stickers? Here are some pointers that will help you figure it out.
1. Strength – You can tell if somebody has real acrylic nails by the strength of their fake nails to stand up against certain physical activities like typing, opening cans or screwing screws. Just imagine yourself doing these tasks with your own natural nail – do you think it would hold? Probably not.
2. Filing – If somebody is filing their nails into a pointed shape, then that’s also another sign that they are wearing acrylic nails because this process cannot be done with nail stickers. The only problem with acrylic nails is that they need to be refilled every three to four weeks or else the nail bed will start sticking out.
3. No glue marks – If somebody is wearing nail stickers, you can easily see where they have been glued on to the false nails because of the visible glue marks left behind. However, if somebody has real acrylic nails, there would be no spot of glue showing so it would really look like they are just growing out their own nails.
4. Nails look too perfect – When somebody has real acrylic nails, there would be some inconsistencies in the shape of the false nail that would show up over time. It could be because their original nails are not perfectly straight or the fake nails are not perfectly shaped or they might have filed them a bit too much.
The point is that the nail looks too perfect to be real and this would be a big hint as to whether they are wearing acrylic nails or not.
5. No discoloration – When you wear acrylic nails, your natural fingernails will start looking yellowish over time. If somebody has fake nails, it would be hard to hide this fact because their real nails underneath will start looking yellowish anyway. However, if somebody is wearing nail stickers, their natural fingernails would not look yellow at all because the sticker covers up the entire nail bed.
6. Nails are uniform – When somebody is wearing false nails, they would usually look really nice and even. There might be some variations in the shape of the fake nail but it should still look like a natural fingernail that has been polished because nobody files their nails into such a perfect shape. However, for somebody to apply these fake nails perfectly makes them an expert and this would be another sign that they are wearing fake nails.
7. Nails are clean – If somebody is wearing nail stickers, you can easily see the side of the sticker where it has been stuck on to the false nail because it will be dirty and dusty, having picked up dirt from walking around outside. However, if somebody has real acrylic nails then they would be perfectly clean because they have never been taken off and there should not be any dirt stuck to them.
8. Nails are only painted – If somebody has real acrylic nails, their false nail would also appear to be painted with a clear coat of polish, underneath the color. However, if somebody is wearing nail stickers then you will be able to see that there is no polish underneath the color because of the white paper-like background.
9. Nails are thin – If somebody is wearing fake nails, you can easily tell by looking at their natural nails which would be thin and weak. However, if somebody has real acrylic nails then their false nail will also look very thin and weak and the only difference will be in their original nail which would be even thinner than before.
10. Nails broke – When somebody has real acrylic nails, their false nails will also break just like their natural ones if they were to hit or press on something really hard. However, when somebody is wearing fake nails then it would be very difficult to break these nails because they are not made of the same material as natural fingernails.
If somebody is wearing fake nails, you can easily tell because their real nail would be really thin and weak looking or sometimes even yellowish. On the other hand, if somebody has real acrylic nails then their false ones will also look very thin and weak over time.
Benefits of Using Fake Press On Nails
Fake press on nails are artificial nails that are made of plastic and they are worn to decorate the natural fingernails. Fake press on nails have different shapes, styles, colors and lengths which can be used to serve your purpose.
There are different benefits of wearing fake press on nails that include:
- Fake press on nails can be removed easily. They can be removed by soaking them in acetone which breaks down the glue and makes it easy to remove the fake nails. Artificial nails last for some time after which new ones can be applied.
- Hair is a key factor in everyone’s life and they need to be taken care of. Hair styling requires the addition of hair extensions which can make your hairstyle look perfect.
- Applying fake press on nails every day may harm the natural nail underneath it if it is not done properly. You can get artificial nails from professional manicurists or you can also use kits to apply fake press on nails at home.
Here Are the Benefits of Using Artificial Nails
When you decide to use artificial nails, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
1. Artificial nails are made of nail products that have been scientifically tested and proven to be safe for the skin. This is because the products used in the making of these fake nails are not like the old materials used years ago, which can cause damage to your nails.
2. Artificial nails do not require any special care; they are made to be durable and remain for a long time.
3. If you get artificial nails, you will no longer have to wait for your nails to grow before you can wear the new nail polish color that is in style this season.
4. You can wear fake nails when going on a trip or holiday to keep your real nails safe from damage caused by the sun, water, sand, and even the salt in the air.
5. If you are buying fake nails for your wedding day, you will no longer have to be worried about your real nails getting damaged or chipped while you are doing chores or during other activities that involve a lot of manual labor.
Benefits of Using Dip Powder for Your Nails
If you decide to go with dip powders, you might be wondering what advantages this has over regular nail polish.
- One of the first things that you should know is that it dries faster than regular nail polish. You can even apply it without worrying about your nail smudging since it also helps cut down drying time by half the usual time required.
- It also dries to the touch, allowing you to continue with your work without having to worry about smudging or getting everything messy.
- With dip powders, you will no longer need UV lamps and other stuff like that since they can dry under regular lights. You can even apply it before bed with no worries of something happening overnight and ruining your nails.
- Aside from this, it is ideal for creating fun designs since you can do so with ease and without the need for complicated tools. You can even create a unique design for your nails every time you decide to do it.
- If you want something more affordable, dip powder is perfect for you since it works out to be cheaper than regular nail polish. This is mainly because the kits have enough supplies that will allow you to create many designs and do many uses before they run out.
- Lastly, you should know that this is similar to acrylic nails since it can be removed with an acetone remover. You won’t have to worry about any damage or file down your natural nail when you decide to remove it.
When you use the right dip powder everything becomes easier and cheaper compared to regular nail polishes and removes like the non-acetone ones. You can even buy them in packs which is cost-efficient and allows you to try different colors without having to spend for each bottle that you will need.
Benefits of Using Gel Nail Polish
If you opt to use gel nail polish, you will open up a world of benefits. Some of these benefits are listed below.
1. If you have thin nails, gel nails are perfect for you because they are thicker than traditional nail polishes. Gel also makes the color more vibrant on your thin nails, too!
2. As with most beauty products, there are endless colors available to you when you use gel nail polish.
3. If your nails are weak, the gel coating will help them become stronger over time. You can also opt for an enhancement product that adds strength to your nails while still allowing you to have longer-looking nails!
4. Gel polishes are odor-free and generally mess-free when they dry, unlike traditional nail polishes.
5. Gel is a long-lasting alternative to your regular manicure and pedicure. It is also low in cost in comparison to the upkeep of salon nails!
6. Lastly, gel nail polish does not require UV light! This benefit will save you time that would otherwise be spent waiting for your nails to dry.
Exploring other alternatives aside from acrylic nails for your fake nails will make you realize that there are many benefits to doing so. These alternatives will give you an idea of what fake nails can do for you and how they differ from acrylics as well as other types of nail polishes.