Nail polishes in bright colors are fashionable. However, it is often difficult to get them done. Even if it takes several hours to have excellent nails done, many women can’t help but do it. It must be completed by a professional nail technician.
In this article, we’ll discuss the best professional gel nail polishes you may consider for your next appointment.
The Best Professional Gel Nail Polishes
Many people would be unhappy to find that their nails have chipped after only a few hours following the pigment coating applied on their nails. That will not happen if you apply these finest professional gel nail polish.
- Gelish Gel Polish
- Modelones Gel Polish
- Gellen Gel Nail Polish
- Beetles Gel Nail Polish
- Essie Couture Gel Nail Polish
Gelish Gel Polish
Gelish is a top-rated brand that comes from Hand and Nail Harmony, which also produces a high-quality product.
- Gelish Soak-Off Gel Polish is a ground-breaking innovation that was introduced in 2009.
- It was the first gel polish to be sold in a bottle, including a brush, as a simple, fast, and efficient gel application method.
- Gelish has more than 100 colors and is available in more than 80 countries all over the world.
- Gelish dynamic duo soak off gel nail polish is a soak-off gel that looks and acts like polish, but lasts longer. It takes 30 seconds or two minutes under traditional UV lights, depending on the type of device used.
- The Gelish polish lasts up to three weeks on your nails without chipping as well as peeling and only takes 10 up to 15 minutes to remove.
This brand offers a variety of 171 colors to select from.
Modelones Gel Polish
Colors that go with all seasons and everyday life! There is no more debate about which colors to choose.
- These vibrant color gel polish may be freely used to create Glam and glitter nails. Modelones gels have no chips and smudges, and are caused by its patented “Inspire Gel” technology and a fantastic gel finish that may endure up to about 2 weeks with proper application. Modelones Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish- 9D Glitter Gel Polish Kit Chameleon Magnetic Shining Fingernail Polish with Magnet Stick Base Matte Top Coat 6Pcs 7ml 2022 New Year Holiday Gift for Women$17.99We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.09/24/2022 12:21 am GMT
- This Nail-Friendly Red Brown Gel Polish is a natural substance and is healthy as well as having a low stench. It has the same high-pigment, long-lasting color that lasts up to two weeks and is paraben and cruelty-free.
- Anti-chipping plus skin-friendly, it won’t harm your nails or cause them to chip. You can create salon-quality manicures at home without having to spend a lot of money.
Modelones red nail gel will let you create vivid nail designs in a matter of seconds.
Gellen Gel Nail Polish
The Gellen gel nail polish, like all other gel nail polishes, needs application that is precise in order to endure for two weeks or more.
- Natural resin is used to make the polish, which has a gel-like wear and tenacity.
- Gellen offers environmentally friendly products that are safe, non-toxic, and free of harmful chemicals.
- Make sure to cure under LED/UV light if possible. The typical cure time for gel polish is 30-60 seconds.
Beetles Gel Nail Polish
The Beetles 2021 Nail Colors collection offers 20 fashionable and popular color combinations that are ideal for all seasons and daily activities!
- It’s packaged with a simple application and high tenacity.
- Last at least three weeks if properly applied.
- The most popular ombre nail colors for the season of 2021.
- You’ll need a base and top coat to use this gel.
If the gel feels thick or sticky, immerse it in hot water for 1-2 minutes, then remove it and shake.
Essie Couture Gel Nail Polish
If you’ve never heard of Essie’s Gel Couture line, this is the time to find out why it’s so popular.
- It’s a gel manicure that you can do at home, requiring no UV lights, bulky equipment, or long drying times. The end result is the same as that of gels from the salon.
- You may preserve the health of your nail beds by removing Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish using any acetone nail polish remover.
- It has a high-gloss finish that further contributes to its anti-chip features. It may also be used with any nail polish and is available in several colors.
- There are a few characteristics that set Essie Gel Couture apart from other polishes. A double coat of the polish leaves a glossy finish that does not require a top coat.
The biggest difference is that after you’ve colored your nails with Essie Gel Couture, instead of applying the LED or UV-light-curing solution, you simply apply the brand’s Gel Couture Top Coat to finish it off.
All About Gel Nail Polish
Acrylic monomers and oligomers combine together as a gel polish when exposed to UV light. The liquid gel becomes a hard, chemical-resistant coating in seconds as it cures.
- Gel polish and regular nail polish have different chemical compositions, with the primary distinction being that gel polish will only harden under direct UV or LED light contact, whereas standard nail polish can dry by air.
- Gel manicures can last up to two weeks if you properly prepare your nails and take care of them at home, such as using cuticle oil and lotion. If you’re meticulous, they may last up to four weeks.
- Gel polish, unlike fake nails, which are attached on top of your natural nail, will not cause any long-term damage.
Gel nails and gel polish are not the same; they’re two distinct procedures.
- Gel nails are an enhancement to strengthen or lengthen your nails.
- Gel polish is a form of colored nail polish that requires curing under UV light and lasts longer than normal nail polish.
Benefits of Using Gel Nail Polish
If you’re looking for a professional job that requires you to work with your hands, then gel nail polish is the way to go.
The benefits of using gel nail polishes include:
– Long lasting wear – Will not chip or fade easily; lasts up to two weeks if applied correctly and will last even longer than regular manicures as long as you take care of your nails – Won’t damage or weaken natural nail bed structure.
– High shine and smooth finish – because it’s a gel polish, so there is no need to apply top coat for additional glossiness
– Waterproof – may be removed with any acetone based remover after curing under UV light (approximately 30 seconds)
– Variety of colors – almost any color you can imagine is available in a gel form, from standard shades to bold and bright hues
– Easy to use – no need for special training or tools required. Anyone can apply it like regular nail polish
– Odorless – does not have the harsh smell associated with other acrylics and gels
– Safe to use – will not cause any long-term damage like fake nails can, and is a great option for those with sensitive skin
How to Apply Gel Nail Polish at Home
The process of applying gel nail polish at home is very easy. You’ll need:
- A base coat (we recommend a gel base coat that dries quickly under a UV light)
- The color of your choice (we recommend using an Essie Gel Couture polish to ensure you have the best results. It’s affordable, easy to use and has excellent durability.)
- A top coat – we suggest adding one more layer for extra protection and making sure that the top coat is a gel one that dries quickly under UV light
- Nail file – to smooth out any rough edges around your nails
- Apply base coat on clean, dry nails and cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply two layers of color nail polish but don’t cure in between coats.
- Apply a thin layer of top coat and cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply a second layer of top coat, but do not cure.
- Wait until the polish is completely dry (this may take up to five minutes), then file nails into desired shape and enjoy your long-lasting manicure!
Gel nail polishes can be removed with acetone-based nail polish remover. To make removal easier, soak cotton balls in the remover and wrap your fingers individually for up to five minutes before removing gel polish from each finger.
Another alternative is to simply soak your nails in warm water with a few drops of dish soap and a teaspoon of salt. It is recommended that you leave your hand submerged in the water for at least 20 minutes before removing the color.
Regular polish remover should be able to remove gel nails, but you’d have to soak the nails for a long time. To effectively and swiftly dissolve the gel polish, you’ll need pure acetone. A bottle of 100 percent pure acetone, such as Pronto’s, will do the trick.
What are Some Drawbacks of Using Gel Nail Polish?
On the other hand, there are some drawbacks to using gel nail polish:
- Expensive – professional kits can be a bit pricey, but there are many affordable at-home options available.
- Limited colors – many professional kits only offer a limited range of colors, and some very unique shades may not be available at all. You can always use regular nail polish if you want to paint your nails with bold or unusual hues
- Limited strength – while gel polish lasts longer than traditional manicures, it’s still not as durable as acrylics. Gel polishes may chip or fade with excessive wear
- Requires UV light – in order to cure the polish, you’ll need access to a UV lamp. This can be inconvenient if you’re traveling or don’t have one readily available
- Can be difficult to remove – as mentioned earlier, acetone-based nail polish removers are necessary for dissolving gel polish. If you don’t have acetone on hand, it may be difficult or even impossible to remove the color
- Requires special tools – gel nail polishes are typically applied with a UV light that acts as an accelerator for drying and curing each layer of lacquer quickly. You can purchase these lights at beauty supply stores or online through Amazon.
Applying Nail Tips with Gel Polish Overlay
If you want to apply gel nail polish for your nail tips, do these steps:
- To begin, push back your cuticles, clean the surface of your nails, and buff them dry.
- Then, using a nail glue brush, apply a thin layer of glue to each nail.
- As needed, adjust the size and form of the nail tip.
- Use a buffing block to clean the surface, then apply your gel polish as usual.
Reasons Why a Gel Nail Polish Peels Off
If you apply polish to a nail that is too wet, it will chip and peel sooner than expected. Because of this, nail technicians will frequently apply nail polish remover or alcohol immediately before applying gel polish. This will guarantee that the product adheres better to the nail.
Here are more reasons:
- The cuticle wasn’t prepared adequately. – the oil from the nail can prevent gel polish from adhering.
- You’re probably picking at your gel nail polish. – this can cause it to chip and peel easily.
- Your nails aren’t dry enough yet. – if you try to apply polish when they’re still wet, it will slide right off.
- Your coat is too thick. – if you don’t apply it in thin layers, the product may begin to peel.
- Your lamp didn’t work the way it was intended. – if the light is too hot, it can cause your gel polish to peel.
- When your nail chipped, you didn’t repair it. – if you don’t use a top coat, the polish will eventually chip and flake.
- The colorant in your gel nail polish is wearing off. – this can be caused by natural oils from your skin or using a remover that’s not intended for gel nails.
Nail Polish Remover Can Damage Your Nails
It’s important to note that using pure acetone to remove your gel nail polish can damage your nails. If you’re not careful, you may end up with dry, brittle nails that are prone to breaking. In some cases, the acetone can even cause your nails to yellow.
To prevent this from happening, it’s important to use a good quality cuticle oil on a regular basis. You can also look for acetone-free nail polish removers, which are less harsh and won’t damage your nails as much.
To prevent your nails from drying out, use a product like the Apply Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil ($8) on all your cuticles. This will help dealing with moisture with cottonseed as well as soybean oils, then remove your polish. Add another layer of cuticle oil to your nails and skin after cleaning them with polish remover.
The primary distinction between Acetone and Nail Polish Remover is in the chemicals used. Acetone is the most efficient method of removing nail polish. A nail Polish Remover isn’t as successful as acetone. Removing gel polish with acetone takes less time and energy, but nail polish remover may take up to 20 minutes of scrubs on nails.
When you are on the lookout for the best nail polish to buy, choose the one that has a smooth finish and does not get chipped or peeled easily. You can pick from among options of shades available in various nail polishes for men and women.
If you want a professionally done gel nail polish, you can always go to a salon, but it will cost you. With the right tools and knowledge, you can also do it at home without damaging your nails.